The only way to get a unbiased ranking system is to do it by math. Finding the correct formula is hard the hard part. I've been working on this one that combines points scored/allowed, yards gained/allowed, 3rd down %(both offense and defense), and record(times 3); with all of these being compared to the rest of the teams.
1. New England Patriots - perhaps the big wins over tenn and tb have them a little too high but they are solid and playing great
2. New Orleans Saints- They've had big wins over good teams and its not just the offense getting it done, schedule looks easy rest of the way
3. Indianapolis Colts- a close win over the niners, now lets see how they fare against houston, a win and the division is locked up
4. Minnesota Vikings- Favre Peterson and that d line, mixed with young talent this team looks in control. Now they get a week 9 bye to rest up for the 2nd half of the season
5. Denver Broncos- they've been getting the job done against good teams, esp in the 2nd half. everyone is still trying to get a gauge on them, pittsburgh should tell more
6. Baltimore Ravens- at 4-3 they won when they had to now let's see if they can make some noise in the division
7. New York Giants- losers of 3 straight, of course those teams were the saints, Cardinals, and Eagles. Next up SD, lets see if that secondary is any better.
8. Philadelphia Eagles- big game vs Dallas for early control of the nfc east after taking out the giants.
9. Dallas Cowboys- Tony Romo 8 td's 0 int's in last 3 games(kc, atl, sea) something tells me that will change this week
10. Green Bay Packers- 10 looks high for this team but its really not, 2 losses came against minnesota
11. Pittsburgh Steelers- come off their bye to play at denver, Troy's health down the stretch is key
12. Houston Texans- Can the darkhorse kick off the colt?
13. Cincinnati Bengals- they have been solid, a win against baltimore would bode well
14. New York Jets- go into the bye at 4-4, if they want a sniff at the playoffs they need to take at least 5 most likely 6-7 of the next 8
15. San Diego Chargers- alright its the second half the season time to start playing or Turner is gone. Must win at New York after the giants have dropped 3 in a row, can you say unhill
16. Arizona Cardinals- are 4-3 going to play the Bears, should be a close game with the loser's playoff chances taking a blow
17. Miami Dolphins- well they can beat the jets, a trip to New England looks mighty difficult
18. Chicago Bears- time for cutler to show he was worth the trade
19. Atlanta Falcons- the division race is over, time to look at the wild card, focus on winning games and the rest will take care of itself
20. Carolina Panthers- can they pull off the 10+ points underdog upsets in back to back weeks, unlikely. The hard schedule is taking its toll
21. Washington Redskins- the D is great(ranked 5th, my ranking have them 3rd) hard to believe they haven't lost by more than 10 though with that inept offense
22. San Francisco 49ers- they are only a game out of the division and has 2 close losses in the same number of weeks, a win at home against tennessee is needed
23. Seattle Seahawks- that wasn't pretty in Dallas, this team needs to rebuild, time to draft a qb and a left tackle, along with a secondary.
24. Jacksonville Jaguars- that was ugly against tennessee, time for a bounce-back week against KC
25. Buffalo Bills- go into the bye at 3-5 wondering what happened in the 4th quarter. Hey TO got a TD
26. Detroit Lions- they need Calvin Johnson on the field, its hard enough for them to win anyway but without him its impossible
27. Tennessee Titans- They found a W(which was figurable after the bye) and revenged the loss the jags put on them earlier this season. They found the runnning game, lets see how Fisher had them prepared for the trip to the west coast. The qb wasn't the difference but a change was needed after how the season has gone.
28. Oakland Raiders- Bye week, hey they can't lose. I vaguely remember a defensive player saying they would make the playoffs, perhaps he thought he was still a patriot
29. Kansas city Chiefs- A winable game this week vs jacksonville, jobs are in jepordy, and don't just blame twitter
30. St Louis Rams- snapped that 17 game losing streak just in time for the bye. An extra week before they can start a new streak...
31. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- here comes another blowout, i say they don't win a game this year, the schedule has a lot to do with it but so did the coaching and qb and linebacker changes this offseason, this team was destined to fail.
32. Cleveland Browns- why did they bring this team back? wholesale changes are needed